When to replace timing belt?

Hey again. Still new to the group, but learning fast.

I picked up a '91 Maxima SE with a VG30E and over 220,000 miles. I cleaned up the engine compartment and found a timing belt replacement sticker. The belt was apparently replaced in November '98 when the car had about 168,000 on it. Now, I know that most manufacturers call for replacements every

60-100K. We all know that the belts will last longer if the engines aren't abused. Any real-world experience/advice with the VG30E? Is it an interference motor? Don't want to go for a $300 belt job on a $300 car unless I *really* have to!

TIA.

Reply to
C.J.

It should be replaced every 60K miles, and yes, it is an interference motor. 3rd Generation Maximas are great cars and they often run forever. My parents still have their '90 which they use as a second car. It now has nearly

280K miles on it and still runs great.
Reply to
Dan

???