200 tdi turbo help

in the process of putting a 200 tdi ( out of a disco ) in to a stage 1 , I got it in all the mounts for the engine and box are fitted just starting to connect all the pipe work and wiring, but I am a bit stuck on the turbo and need a bit of info , looking at the turbo there is the obvious exhaust pipe to the back of the engine one in line pointing to the front and one pointing to the ground and im not sure which goes to the inter cooler and which one goes to the air filter , also what would the pipes be made out of ?as I think I will have to try to find something to fit

thanks in advance

paul

Reply to
o0hex0o

The one inline pointing to the front is the intake (from the air filter)and so the one pointing down is the outlet(to run to your intercooler)

The outlet side pipes are made very similar to cooling system hoses(only bigger) or you can buy custom silicon hoses (which might fit you installation better). The inlet side (well on the discovery anyway) is a cloth coated rubber that has a metal 'spring' embedded (to help prevent the tube collapsing when the turbo winds up)

Which reminds me.........if anyone has a 200TDi discovery please keep an eye on the inlet hose to the turbo just as it passes the alternator adjustment bracket (it can rub through and break off a piece of the 'spring' which can go through the turbo (and bend the vanes) then into the engine (and score a cylinder).

Reply to
johnty

On or around Sat, 20 May 2006 20:30:38 +0100, "johnty" enlightened us thusly:

to the bottom of the intercooler.

Reply to
Austin Shackles