300tdi disco cuts out

hello my 300tdi disco cut out and won't start for about 15

10 to 20 min ,engine will turn over but will not start. this happens once or twice a month, have changed the shut off solenoid but has made no difference. is there anything else that can stop the engine or cut power to the solenoid. any help will be appreciated ecw
Reply to
Ed .W

Hi, I had this problem on a mates disco a few years ago. Eventually we traced it to a faulty connector on the end of the wire that pushes onto the solenoid. I reckon that the next time that it does this, run a 12v supply directly to the solenoid and see if starts then. If it does than there is a problem in the wiring to the solenoid somewhere. Hope this helps..........

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

The lead to the stop solenoid also tends to chaff and cause a short to the engine. A bit of tape is the fix!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

In message , Dave R writes

In addition to the above.

It could be the immobiliser depending on the age of your Disco. Landrover do a kit to cure the problem but you could just bypass the system

Reply to
Marc Draper

thanks for the help. ecw

Reply to