300tdi disco electric fan

thinking about replacing the viscous fan with an electric one, don't want to pay out for a kenlowe so will be going to the scrap yard. are there any makes of cars whose fans fit better than others? paul.

Reply to
Paul

Why do you want to do this?

Tdi's run very cool anyway.

If you have air con you could drive just the fans with a additional switch!

I think the Peugoet 405 twin fan assembly will fit between grill and rad, also the two fans off a RR I would go with two small fans between grill and rad if i was you, simple to mount and you will find servicing in the future much easier!

Jinx

Reply to
Jinx

True, but its an avoidable engine loss. Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

that's pretty much why i want to do it, with the price of fuel nowdays i want to get as much mpg as possible. plus in the winter it would be nice to have a warmer disco quicker.

Reply to
Paul

I run a 97 Disco 300Tdi with the fan removed for most of the year ( put back on in V hot weather or for towing ). Confirmation that Tdi's do run cool. P.S I find no difference in mpg either way ! Richard.

Reply to
Richard