300TDI Disco Fuel Problem (ides OK)

My (1995) 300TDi stopped on the M25 today - now recovered and back home but the Disco is still sick.

Starts and idles OK. But when I rev the engine it dies after a second or two back to an idle or a stall. Restarts OK but with the same pattern if I try revving it.

I have changed the fuel filter and it bled OK - so the lift filter would seem to be OK.

Any ideas?

Steve

(1995 300TDI Discovery Series I. 166k miles)

Reply to
Steve H

Check the sedimenter bowl on the inside face of the rear chassis rail just in front of the rear axle, probably full of crud. Take filler cap off tank and blow line from sedimenter inlet back to tank with an airline. Listen for sudden clearance of a blockage, seen a LOT of these now with crud in the tanks slowly choking the feed line to the sedimenter and the sedimenter full of gunge. Clean tank and add a moisture inhibitor of some kind. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I think I've found the problem (via help from the Discovery forum at

Problem appears to be a collapsed hose connecting the turbo to the bottom of the intercooler - eventhough the hose looks completely normal from the outside.

See photos at

Steve

Reply to
Steve H