300tdi Leaking Injector

Hi Everybody

My 1995 Defender 300tdi has a leaking injector. After driving for a short while I can see where the fuel has run down the cylinder head from the injector. The splash pipes are tight and dry. The mounting is tight and the high pressure pipe is tight and dry. It seems to be from the base of the injector. Do I have to replace the injector? Where else can it leak from?

Thanks Paul

Reply to
paul

The injector body where it screws together - tighten it, or the washer under the injector (replace it).

Reply to
EMB

I took it up the road to a Bosch Service centre. They removed the injector, cleaned it and replaced it. Voila - no leak.

Cost me a case of beer.

Reply to
paul