6 Wheel Rangies....

Help!

I've just found myself actually searching these out for sale.....

What are they like for towing? I'd imagine stability would be excellent , but what about manouvering those tight gates with the likes of a 6.8 m Caravan on the back?

Can't be much worse than a none power steering 101 can it (steering lock aside) ?

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

If Morph cost you a conservatory - what on earth is a 6 wheeler going to cost you?

Si

Reply to
simonk

On or around Sun, 11 Apr 2004 01:25:18 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

you need a counter-steering axle on the back end...

I *will* build it one day...

anyone got a scrap 90 to donate? it needs to have an OK front axle, all the steering parts and front suspension parts and the chassis back as far as the radius arm mounts, I should thing. All the rest would be irrelevant.

then it needs a half-decent 90 to attach it to the back of...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

H'mmm good point.... Makes me wince just thinking about it...... the thought of those bricks....

Perhaps 4 wheels is enough for now :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No you don't. The TACR2 has two normal rear axles.

Incidentally, Withams have some for sale. 7 in fact, starting at £3000

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:57:47 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, a) you get lots of tyre scrub and b) you get the turning circle of a

120" wheelbase. ish.

My plan will produce a 130" over-axle spread but with the turning circle of a 90. That's if I don't build it on a range-rover, of course...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm not worried about tyre scrub, and as my 6legger will be the same length as a 109" anyway.

Alex

Reply to
Alex