a/c cooling fans

Hi all

Anyone know of a cheep source for a/c cooliong fans for a Disco 300 TDi, both mine have packed up. Checked all the usual things and there is power to to the fans but they dont turn. Do they fit the same fans to any other cars that would be found in a breakers yard?

Cheers

Peter.

Reply to
Pete S

In message , Pete S writes

Have you checked the earth?

Reply to
hugh

I'm surprised that both appear to have failed. One maybe, but both?

There's probably another reason. Are the motors earthed via their case or via a separate lead?

Ron

Reply to
p38arover

Just checked the power feed at the moment as time and light not to mention work get in the way. It's pretty tight up where the connectors are in front of the rad. Tracing the circuit was a nighmare, the Haynes book of lies told me that there were two relays, but not the location. I finally foung the control relay above the pasengers feet. Power was getting there and the relay was working. Next job pull off the grill again!

Peter.

Reply to
Pete S

Separate lead thats my next job.