A teenage landrover fan

My teenage granddaughter got her learners licence last week and has been getting in as much driving as she can with various people and different cars.

This afternoon when given the option of going out in her mums flashy new car or going in mine she oppted for the Discovery. She said its easeier to drive and better to see the road ahead.

and get this ..."it's cool".

Never thought of my Dicovery as "cool".

All my mates call it "The Doctors Car"

Reply to
Simon Mills

"Simon Mills" wrote

Funny that, had a similar experience at a County Show last year. Lots of vehicle distributors there but as we approached the Land Rpver stand the well spoken young lady in front said to her parents "If you're thinking of getting me a car that's what I want", looking at a new Defender 90 TD5 with alloy wheels etc.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Well, the 110 is *still* on the 'ice' section of the top gear coolwall.....so a disco could well be 'cool'

:0)

`Mark

Reply to
Mark

When I pick my son up from school in my Series II *ALL* the kids look and climb all over it merrily yelling about how cool it is; when I had the opportunity to pick him up in a Porsche 996 cabrio they hardly even looked. I guess that "cool" is timeless and LR have had the recipe right for a very long time.

Reply to
EMB

The misses passed her test four months ago in a fiesta, once she passed it was " I can't drive the Disco it's huge" so i told her to give it a month and if she hit it who cares! it's made to bump things. Now she will not drive any other car than a Landy!! it's the visibility and the safe feeling it gives.

Also very handy for me as it's made it much easier for the reasoning to buy the V8!! :-)

Reply to
StaffBull

Mrs D sported a 106 when we met and she just didn't do big cars.

Now try and get a Day out in the Disco..... possesion apparently is 9/10ths of the law ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Nah mate, the 110 IS cool, whereas the disco is just a 4wd school taxi and therefore ISN'T cool.

Badger. Guess what I drive? teehee.

Reply to
Badger

Right, my turn is it....

I picked up my youngest in a Pink Panther. Talk about eyes a poppin! Several of them formed a disorderly queue and asked for a 99 ice cream cornet with flake and raspberry sauce.

Now, if I get picked on for being a school run 4X4 do I point out it is only rear wheel drive, or just lob a few grenades at them, smear my face with dirt and exfil via the football pitch. I could always lisp "... and it's not pink, it's cerise!" before flouncing off Little Britain style.

It works the other way with the eldest child though, he gets threatened with being picked up in the pinkie if he misbehaves. Seems to do the trick.

Reply to
wayne

the idea for me was to get the V8 instead of the 300 tdi - "bertha" is still here though!! I cant find reasonable justification to keep two discos and have full use of the company "jellymould", saying that I rarely do any true business miles and pay about £100 tax a month in kind off the PCP scheme for something I don't really like. It's up for renewal in May, can't get a disco3 so might go for a HSE freelander ( I know it's a toy!!) it's either that or a V70 SE D5 ( dull but practical)

Reply to
StaffBull

Paint it Leopard Skin - that's so cool its icy I'm told

- plus other driver assume you're a few bricks short of a wall and are remarkably keen to give way.... ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

My wife got her licence in 1990 or so, and she made more than 300000 km up to now, without having problems to use my car or another car now and then. A few months ago she bought a LR90, what had been her dream for years - and now she absolutely refuses to use my car or any other "normal" car. Just the 7.5 tons truck a few weeks ago was OK for her

*g* She complains that in my Opel Astra she almost sits directly on the road...

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS