ABS on a disco I

couple of questions:

does the wiring loom have a connection for an ABS module?

can the ABS system from another disco I or from an RRC be retrofitted to mine (200 type)?

can it be done without incurring costs equivalent to the national debt?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Believe it depands on what level wiring loom you have to be honest! low/mid/high. I would imagine you haven't got the correct loom so if your getting the ABS unit from another disco i would suggest get all the wiring too. You will need the wheel sensors and the motion triggering device thats on each wheel the pipe work will be a head ache too.

What eactly will you be able to get from the other disco?

Reply to
Jinx

On or around Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:43:49 +0000 (UTC), "Jinx" enlightened us thusly:

I haven't another disco, as such. 'twas a more general enquiry about the difficulty of doing it. dunno which loom TBH, I rather doubt if it has the wiring though, and in fact it probably ain't worth the effort/cost.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If you want a idea wirng wise take a look at your haynes manual, very intense wiring going on. I was lucky to find a nice disco with ABS on at the time, i have never had to use it yet but when the time comes to stop the hefty + 2 ton i'm sure it will pay for its self.

Mark

Reply to
Jinx