Aldi & air tools

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Are the tools a universal type fit for replacement? Though regardless you are right.. at £8 it's hard worth the hunt but nice to know for future reference. Even for a one off tool if you threw it away after a job like that sounds like you've had your monies worth already. :-) I sat examining mine last night while Mrs D watched TV... I think the Brrrrr Zzzzzzzz Da da da da da noises may have been a little off putting :-D

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes, Top Of The Pops isn't what it used to be..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

im not sure... Round end with a collar on. I reckon that a replacement spring might be required for the machine at some point too.

You could have popped round today and tried it out! :)

Im now wondering if i can run a permenant air line pipe from the house to the drive so that its easy for me to use all these air tools without having to run my hose out the window and dig out the compressor every time :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Can't see why not. just have a standpipe in the garden... give someone a surprise if they try and fill a bucket mind :-)

I've pondered the same and the pipework must be available as I bought unions from Machine mart a while back and have twin quick release outlets from the

101 compressor... cor, glad you reminded me of that must dig them out.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

There is a great high pressure plastic pushfit system you can use for doing that.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

is it similar to the plastic plumbing stuff you can get now? (site manager at work used to be a plumber and now swears by the plastic stuff instead of copper, so im going to try it in the bathroom)

Is there a website with it on so i can get an idea of pricing and spec? Them joints better be pretty good since im running 90psi down it to use the air tools.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Its made by the same people as speedfit (JG Guest ???) , but the pipe is much thicker. Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

i visited machine mart today. The clarke air chisels are exactly the same as the aldi ones except that they have a clarke sticker on and are £20 rather than £8!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I've been trawling a catalogue earlier too, there Air ratchet guns look like they are the same.. MM one £34!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

nice!

watch aldi have metal cut-off saws on offer next week!.... (my new toy! :) ).. Now i just need to clear out some soil to clear a space for my workshop!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I know you have a problem with skips but if you need a machine I hired a mini digger of Jag Tool Hire at Talke a while back for the conservatory footings. £50 for the weekend. Then there's them little dumpers that will lift up to empty in to a skip, well trick!

Cor this Sunday they have garden / camping saws in at £2.99. They fold away.. could have done with one of them on the Oswestry run, nearly bought one from homebase not so long back for a tenner, glad I kept my hands in my pockets now :-) Worth bunging one in the glove box for the green lane runs.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Ive found somewhere to take the soil to now - i just need to reboard dads trailer so that it will move it, and finish my wall, weld up my gates, and possibly move my old shed before i can fit the new one in :(

wot glove box? :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

B&Q ones are also the same (bar sticker) and are £20!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

You'll be able to get that crank nut up tight now :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

good point!

Reply to
Tom Woods

and undo viscous fans :-)

Icky

Reply to
icky

Rough bastard ;-)

But they are good for removing spring hanger bushes from the chassis with the appropriate chisel (carefully modified panel cutter).

Reply to
EMB

On or around Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:18:15 GMT, "icky" enlightened us thusly:

only the ones with a bolt though the middle, mind. The sort with a big hex behind the fan, you still need the special spanner.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Rubbish! I just used a big adjustable when I swapped the water pump on my V8 :)

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

On or around Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:17:22 +0100, Stuart Gray enlightened us thusly:

most viscous things with the hex on the back haven't got clearance for a big shifter.

Reply to
Austin Shackles