April 25th .. Plans etc ...

Get in touch with the campsite to book, tell them Paul Draper of AFL has already booked a caravan spot and you're part of the party, I suggested two caravans and maybe four tents, though at present they have space for a few more.

Post back here, and/or email me (notcheckedever at hotmail dot com) is my email and is real).

This is the route planned for Saturday, the thin purple line ...

.. start at camp, a few hundred yards and we're already laning !! Route is on Memory Map and it reckons it 43.1 miles long. I've done the hard parts of it (Stanage) but not Monsall Dale, though I'm assured that if you can do Stanage, Monsall is a breeze, farm tracks mostly!! ;)

I'll be arriving Friday afternoon/evening. Start Laning at 10/11 am Saturday morning, depends what others want. Nothing planned for Sunday, but if anyone wants I have a few other routes, Roych Clough etc that are pretty good, and a few I haven't tried ... ;)

Anyone wants the routes I'll have my laptop with me and am happy to pass them along in Memory Map format. Cheers.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around 8 Apr 2009 14:19:56 GMT, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

Don't look promising for me. I've got too much on, too many bills to pay and the rangie needs CV joints before I take it playing anywhere, or indeed any long distance, one of them is rather rattly.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Anyone coming?

If you do come we'll be in a caravan, towed by a Disco that looks somewhat like this ...

Paul - xxx

Will give them a tinkle tomorrow. Not Laning mind, but up for the social.

Will be with the 110 and new van :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No worries, be good to see you again.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

This still on Paul, might nip in on Sunday morning?

Reply to
Nige

We've had to knock the idea on the head for now. Dog isn't getting any younger and not really up to a weekend away at the mo.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

LOL, sorry mate, I left Friday 11 ish so missed this. otherwise we could have stayed.

Bill came Saturday, had a good day out ... some good lanes and we didn't get stuck! ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Wotcher, we're doing a Devon "weekend" from 18th-21st of June if that's of any use? Some of the blurb so far;

-------------------- I have been chatting with an old friend who lives in E. Devon and who drives the lanes regularly, he has confirmed a good route for us for 1 day, around Exeter.

We will then venture a little farther west to take in some more fords and other good lanes on day 2, on day 3 (Sunday) we will amble back east heading home and do some of the better lanes en route.

So far I have confirmation for June 18^th (arrival Thursday night) to

21^st (depart Sunday, some laning on the way home).

Reply to
Ian Rawlings