All for Charidy mates

I have been on Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's website

and the boy is raffling off his red ragtop 90 as a project car ( he cooked the motor as well in Scotland ) tickets are a Tenner with other goodies on offer (including a friday night out at river cottage) most of the proceeds

80%+ go to the charity Rural Revival . Derek
Reply to
Derek

I saw his program the other day and he had a lightweight?

Reply to
Tom Woods

I think thats the 2nd river cottage series before that he had a 109 coverted into a camper/mobile kitchen "the gastrowagon" in "Cook on the Wildside" and a Ford Corsair (maybe consul) covertable for the early River Cottage series . He was on 4 again tonite in "River Cottage Roadtrip" and the 90 sounded to be running nicely theres a 'RC' compilation program running as well so you'll probably see all the landys in one show . Derek

Reply to
Derek

I noticed the vehicle changed half way through last night's programme. When he left Dorset it was on a 'F' plate, by the time he got to Scotland it was a much later vehicle, on a Scottish 'N' plate. I wondered whether the older one had blown up en route. If it's an early

19J turbodiesel I probably wouldn't take it from Dorset to Somerset, never mind Scotland. I might be tempted to buy a raffle ticket for it though.

Richard

Reply to
glencoyne

Read the small print if you win it you have to get it from its storage before end of Jan 2006, which for me living in the south would be pretty expensive, unless you push it out of the storage, phone the RAC and say it just broke down please transport 500 miles home please.

Reply to
Tony