Alternator bracket broken

As per the title.

The bracket which hold the alternator to the right hand cylinder head (looking like a bent and folded piece of insubstantial tin!) has broken.

I would like to take it off to weld it, but as its dark outside, I can only see the upper fixing bolt (behind the dizzy). Any ideas where the other fixing bolt(s) is / are, and can I get the bracket off without disturbing the PAS pump.

Ta

David

1986 RR efi
Reply to
rads

For the archives.

3 bolts, one behind the distributer, one "round the corner" adjacent to the exhaust manifold, one countersunk bolt, hidden behind the power steering pump.

Power steering pump fixed by two studs at the top and an bolt on a swinging bracket at the bottom (which allows belt tension to be adjusted). To remove pump this whole bracket has to come off, which is attached by 4 bolts which also hold the water pump together. Two of these are approx 3 - 4" long, and go right through water pump (and possibly front casing) into engine block. Very easy to snap these (ask how I know!0. Anyway, not leaking yet......

David

Reply to
rads