Am I right in thinking that G reg WAC plates might be something special?

Is that why, while nice, it has no LPG cert, but the bidding has gone a bit silly on it two days before the end?

Looks really tidy. But are they so special?

And is this one right about Black only being for diplomats in Saudi

Either worth bothering with, or what would you say they were worth if they are a bit special?

Reply to
Elder

IIRC

WAC is the registration suffix associated with the factory, but only the Discovery G-WAC's are valuable as they are usually prototypes or early production examples.

Perhaps the black ones were only available as special order, but that doesn't mean to say it actually went to someone of repute, it might have been a cancelled order and sold locally. It's on it's 8th owner, so any history of Oil Shieks using it as a personal Harem wagon are probably long since lost. So I suppose if you want to pretend that it's very rare and probably belonged to Arab Royalty, you might be prepared to pay over the odds for what is basically a tidy 91 RR with LPG in an less common colour.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Yep I just waved bye-bye to my Disco G-WAC last Sunday after selling on Ebay, it was Nov '89.

Reply to
tiscali