Anti 4x4

On or around Wed, 9 Jan 2008 20:26:30 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, the school bus can carry more kids.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Don't worry Austin, I'd made the point a few times that arguing about vehicle types was irrelevant given that what happens in an accident depends largely on the individual circumstances and each has its own plusses and minusses. Someone had been moaning on about 4x4s being more dangerous because they were bigger, hence my comment.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Personally I think it's more to do with cruise control and reluctance to override it until the last minute plus pressure on drivers to get as far as possible during their permitted hours etc.

Reply to
hugh

In message , Ian Rawlings writes

INDEED, The whole antis' argument is totally pointless and its; pointless arguing with them because each time they lose they try to move the goal posts.

Reply to
hugh

The OP was only meant to be a small moan and there were 148 reply posts after. Is that a record? I need to get a life! :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:57:51 -0000, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

heh. that's almost 3/4 of the people on usenet, you realise...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Do you know, I really wonder how many people there really are posting on Usenet regularly. Its amazing where folks you know turn up !

Has anyone ever attempted an analysis.

I remember accidentally posting a thread destined for AFL on uk.sci.astro (nomy) - and found two more guys there from here, as it were.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I find it amazing how one subject can lead to so many variations of points of view and the depth of knowledge of posters of these variations. It's an interesting and informative read.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

don`t you have wing mirrors??