Any 'Devil Pitters' lost a mitsubishi 4x4?

There is a mitsubishi 4x4 parked nearby that has been in exactly the same spot for over a month now, beginning to look like it has been dumped. It's not outside any houses, just parked in the road.

The chunky tires, mud splatter and 'devils pit' spare tyre cover suggest it was used for off roading. Registration ending WPT.

Anyone recognise it?

Reply to
bob

you could contact the police/council incase it has been stolen and dumped?, or do you think it just broke down and got abandoned?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Our local council have a dedicated number to call for suspected abandoned vehicles. Out here, we get quite a number of dumped MoT failures, and a few torched in farmers' fields. I reported one last month and it was gone within 48 hours. One of the few things our LA seem to do properly.

Reply to
Rich B

Perhaps you could give it a new home. I'd be tempted. Think of the money you'd save the local council in removal fees... You'd be doing a public service.

Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

Provided the owner doesn't report it as stolen to the police! Then you'd be in the shit..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

speak to the local gendarmes saying where and the reg etc. See what they say.

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®

I once read that you can legally take ownership of a vehicle that you believe ( and that you can prove) has been abandoned.

I seen to remember it was under Section 7 of the Road Traffic Act.

Is this still the case?

If so i guess its not so easy as it sounds!

Reply to
Vertuas

"bob" wrote in news:evq6c4$csj$ snipped-for-privacy@news.freedomsurf.net:

For info, I've copied your post the Pajero Owner's Club forum (pocuk.com) in case it's a member's car that's been stolen.

Reply to
Geoff Lane

Oh, I dunno. If it were a Landrover all you neeed is a suitable window opener (brick) and a screwdriver. Mitsubishi's on t'other hand often have quite sophisticated immobilisers on 'em.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Grossly unfair.

P38 Range Rovers have numerous sophisticated immobilisers.

EAS BECM Porous Block etc etc

David

1996 4.6Sse P38a
Reply to
rads

LOL - I had to scroll to get the third item on the list, so the effect was magnified.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray