Any LPG Gurus care to give some stab in the dark random advice.

Oh yeah, I know it is a good one. I just couldn't see why it was special.

I've "asked the seller" why it is special. Jaymic have a website with systems etc and are approved, so I want to know if they are honest enough to say, "prossibly works but we haven't ever installed it" which is a safe answer business wise, for them, or whether they make up some kind of bullshit.

Reply to
Elder

On or around Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:19:30 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

yes, yer probably right. However, I there are certain myths around the subject of LPG which have to be challenged - like the ones about "it won't tart from cold on LPG", for example.

The V8 I just got running here was working quite credibly with no air cleaner attached, just an open intake; now, I wasn't actually using it seriously but there are some who would claim that you can't do it at all.

BTW, while on the subject, have you got a source of anti-backfire thingies of suitable size for the V8? I'll be putting the flapper AFM back on this one in due course (along with the rest of the injection system), and an opener on it, but I prefer the belt-and-braces approach :-). No huge rush, I've a good bit of work to do on the project before it becomes critical. But the transit (2-litre pinto) body brings with it a petrol tank, so would be handy to resurrect the petrol system.

Oh, and another related point... do any of the V8 variants have an external (rather than in-tank) fuel pump? Obviously, the transit doesn't have the right pump to feed the flapper injection system.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My 101 won't START on petrol, choke or no choke, but runs a treat on LPG. Go figure.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Apparently it is the LPG itself that it uses to open the flap, not the manifold, so it needs the second take off from the OMVL reducer to do the job.

Reply to
Elder

Hmmm..... all the flap openers I've ever installed have been vacuum operated! I still say fit the right mixer and keep it simple! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:08:14 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

Flap opener makes sense to me, I have to say - I presume once the flap's open the risk to the AFM in the event of a backfire is reduced anyway - plus you fit the pressure relief thing too. Hotwire AFMs seem to survive backfires, all it did on mine is to bugger the gauze thing, and that seems to serve little purpose anyway so I lobbed it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Saab turbo owners with wire with hot wire AFMs quite often remove the gauze anyway. At least on one side.

It actually acts a restriction to air flow and can help improve things when upping the boost.

Reply to
Elder