Anyone near Milton Keynes, who...

...is planning on going to either the 101 'unofficial' this weekend or Eastnor Castle.

I'm about to make an eBay purchase for something a bit bigish (size of a large suitcase weighing circa 10K) which is in Milton Keynes.

Would happily part with some beer tokens :-)

Reply to
Mother

I live not far from there, but am not going to either event...

However, if you need me to collect it and store it for a while, then im more than happy to.

Mark

9090

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On Wed, 17 May 2006 16:10:07 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

I have friend who lives in Milton Keynes, but he's busy doing the GLASS thing at Devon county show till Saturday/Sunday, but he will be planning to come to Eastnor......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Pimms with ice then ;-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Reply to
Tom Woods

Right - a small working group to put it on Grumble _at_ Eastnor and we'll be laughing (mind, that's the kiss of death for any hot weather there I guess...)

Reply to
Mother

Tell him it's a firm booking!

Reply to
Mother

Should be sorted, but thanks all the same.

By the way, I keep meaning to ask you...

Did / do you work for Fujifilm in Hemel?

Reply to
Mother

Kinda

Fujifilm Electronic Imaging in Hemel is a subsiduary of Fuji Photo Film UK Ltd.

I work for Fuji Photo Film in Bedford, in the Technical Department.

Mark

9090
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I knew in the depths of my aged unforgettory that you did summat like that :-)

Do you have any contact with anyone who'd know about very large format printing - ideally onto something weatherproof?

I know the limitations of the original image is the governing factor - but TBH, I'm not overly bothered how they look 'close up', more from a distance. If that makes any sense!

Reply to
Mother

How large format are you looking for Martyn?

Reply to
EMB

Something around 3M x 2M (side of a gazeebo wallish).

Reply to
Mother

Any decent signwriter should be able to help you. The chap I use for signage for work has a digital printer that'll take 2m wide bits of almost anything - plastic, canvas, cotton, corflute.... the list (and possibilities) are almost endless. He charges about £40 per square metre of printing.

Reply to
EMB

Our local (Rotherham) supplier has just moved to the Sheffield Airport

- he does digital up to a metre wide and can almost certainly do bigger stuff when needed. Can't find them on the web right now.

We now use CG Signs in Barnsley, who probably wouldn't think 2 x 3 was large at all....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

There are a few things I'd like, firstly the pixelation softened on the large print (which I guess is some kind of technical trickery - I've seen quite low res pictures 'blended' in this way on large prints).

Secondly, it needs to be on a very strong material - strong enough for a gazeebo wall in a strongish wind.

The print must we well weatherproof too - which a lot of the ink stuff isn't, being designed for indoor use.

Finally (cough) it needs to be pretty cheap :-)

I had a company who we used to deal with offer an amazing deal but they've recently been taken over by some German outfit who are currently moving everything to Romania or somesuch :-(

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sun, 21 May 2006 12:01:41 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

ain't that called anti-aliasing? or is it interpolation? it depends on the computing power available, anyway - the simple way to remove pixellation is to increase the resolution and interpolate and/or resample. starting with e.g. a 1280x960 image, you get unacceptable pixel sizes if you print it more than about 12x9 - and even that's only getting you around 100 dpi. magazine quality printing is typically 1200 dpi these days, so a full-page in a magazine would need to be something like 12000x9000 pixels... but that makes for supergiant file sizes. I guess if you get the software right it can interpolate on the fly on the way to the printer, and only work on a bit of the image at a time. I found it taxed this machine (which has a mere 1.5GB of ram) even doing a simple B&W gif to really big sizes. Mind, my software is hardly cutting edge.

don't want much, do you... :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They do a lot of vehicle stuff (and will shortly be doing some tasteful (?) graphics for my truck). They also do banners.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs