Re: Christmas laning rollcall ... proposed route?

Had a bit of time (about 5 minutes) so looked at Memory Map and thought this might be interesting ... if everyone agrees to do this route I'll look into it further, do waypoints and stuff (Never _really_ used MM with waypoints etc) and if anyone wants it I'll also post the full MM route.

Quick jpg (print screen) of the route with RED line marking roads etc that look reasonable. I'd suggest meeting and starting/Finishing at the pub marked at roughly bottom centre called Fox House Inn. (May not be easy to see on the pic) Then head roughly North West to the first green lane, Houndkirk Road. I did this lane a few weeks ago and it has a couple of gnarly bits but that would be managed with a Freelander/Wife's Megane ... Couple of small 'play areas' in it, but on the whole an easy lane, but which needs to be taken slowly 'cos it's sharp rocks which can catch sidewalls and tear them easily, much like most of the area really ... ;)

I haven't done the Stanage lanes, or any of the roads around there, so I just looked at the contours and sketched in a 'possibly interesting' route. It's around 23 miles, but as anyone can see I haven't been too careful with the marker, just followed the road, ish ... ;). I also don't know of the road/lane conditions and they're subject to change with the weather anyway ... but if everyone's happy enough I'll carry on and do a 'proper' route etc.

I'd suggest meeting at about 11am ish, quick drink/bite to eat then a couple of hours following the route.

It seems my wife and kids are coming too, so if other wifes/partners/family join in it'd be good.

Or not ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx