battery drain

2000MY RR4.0 is intermittently draining a new battery. Is there a likely culprit? Dodgy battery apart.
Reply to
David Haggas

Got to be something left on.

I bought one of these -

Pull the fuse, put this in and it will show you the circuit thats causing the issue.

Wont tell you exactly whats going on, but will narrow it down no end.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Thanks Mark - ordered one

David

Reply to
David Haggas

You can do it with a multimeter, but its easier with that.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Had the same problem. It was a faulty relay for the door light. The light would go out when the door was shut and then, while the car was unattended, the light would come back on, randomly, and drain the battery.

My mate also had the old problem of the ECU constantly going through a self test mode because the wireless internet in a neighbours house was kicking it in.

Colin

Reply to
CJ

Dealer suggested that. Said it might not be "going to sleep"...but it seems the battery is stuffed - not accepting charge off the vehicle. Still under LR warranty. Unusual these days I imagine.

David

Reply to
David Haggas