Bearmach spare wheel carrier

I see that Paddocks are doing the Bearmach spare wheel carriers for £99 at the moment. I seem to remember reading that not all carriers are equal and some need releasing before you can open the rear door.

Does anyone know if this is the case with the Bearmach one? Anyone got any general comments on the quality, etc?

Initially I was looking at the Mantec one, but it costs almost double what Paddocks are selling the Bearmach one for.

Reply to
Simon Barr