bent heater plugs

Anyone know why my heater plugs(79 series 3 Landy) in the number two cylinder are get warped and squashed. I replaced one about a month ago. Within a couple of days the new one suffered the same fate. The coil on the plug appears like it has been sort of squashed and bent at the same time. Maybe it has been hit by the piston/valve. I bought the plugs from Paddocks and they are the standard plugs. An NGK plug next to on the number 1 cyclinder seems to have a slightly smaller reach into the cylinder. Engine runs smooth/ no missing/starts easy on 3 plugs/no smoke. I did have some knocking happening just before the first plug gave up but that seemed to be linked to a fuel cleaner. Im not really looking forward to spending part of a weekend removing the head to inspect the cylinder and head.

Regards Coops

Reply to
Coops

Hot spot in the head loose?