BFG tyres needed

I have BFG Trac Edge 225/75/16s on my Disco

I need to replace 2 due to an MOT failure. I understand the Trac Edge is discontinued. Any ideas on where I might find a couple at a reasonable price?

If the Trac Edge can't be found what are the alternatives, bearing in mind I dont want to replace the other two if I can help it.

cheers

Reply to
Lurch

You're probably thinking of Grip-Edge from Bronco 4x4?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

On or around Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:15:16 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

them's the ones. Anyone know if they're any good?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've only had a problem with 1 out of 10 Bronco tyres and thats because it went pourous...give they are retreads onto Named branded carcases then it's actually the named brand tyre that gave up and not the bronco bit of the equation.

Not specifically had the grip edge , I got a set of road terrain ones in

1999 and a set of Terminators in 1996. The Terminators are no longer produced but are the tyres on Percy and given I've only done 900 mile over the last year they are set to last a while yet. The AT's have done 25,000 miles approx and will the fronts replacing in around the next 12 months I guess.

I also have a distinct advantage in that they are only 12 miles up the road.

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

"Lee_D"

The nearest I can see to the Terminators are now called rough riders..... I think they must have been sneaking lifts in Percy to come up with that name :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D