Bloody quiet here?

Where are the clan? It's far too quiet here now. I joined up four years ago, whats going on?

Reply to
Nige

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Tis a bit in'it....

Roll on half term dude!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Did you get your Mig yet matey I was scrolling about looking for a good price on Fluxed wire ( Machine mart are getting greedy ) and found on this fleabay 130162841970 130amp dual purpose and a free helmet like Gort the robot ideal for halloween

law means Aldi or similar will have them next week or so.Derek

Reply to
Derek

Simply been too busy Derek, it's nuts at the minute.

Reply to
Nige

Im here....

I need a holiday.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

NZ is open for holidays, and it's almost summer here.

Reply to
EMB

LOL, been 'fixing' the caravan, saggy floor and then a service. Been also doing sons bike up a bit, still got a mystery misfire, I'm looking at changing valve springs now .. last resort. Also sorting out other sons (and my) Archery gear ready for a Field Shoot next weekend.

Doing nowt this weekend, thobut. England in Rugby World Cup and Hamilton in last Grand Prix means we're staying at home and having a lazy weekend.

Might be going off-roading Saturday night though, never really done a night run before so might be fun. Going across to Hull area meeting some blokes I used to know when I worked over there for a while.

Been looking at a 748 Ducati, but it's over 4 grand which seems a bit steep to me. Nice nick and in yellow too ... ;) Think we're gonna pass on it though.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Christ, I only paid three for a very clean & tidy 916.

Reply to
Nige

S'wotithort. Mind, I like the 748, but not enough to pay over the odds for one.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Spending most of my time in bed recovering! Bloody frustrating - never wanted to get back to working so much!

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Where has Austin gone?

I've been really busy - mainly trying to get my car working again and then trying to cope with a new term at work. Just about got everything sorted now though (in time for half term!) and the car passed its MOT first try last week! :)

Lee - you didn't miss a wedding!, she was boasting about her welding/ brazing/lathe skills last night though and i just couldn't help myself. She wants a go in the 101 too..

Have just been converting my laptop over to linux instead of windows too which has necessitated the finding of a new newsreader and since i had been on agent in windows for at least 6 years its very scary. Has anybody got any suggestions? I'm on Pan at the moment. I fancy something graphical else i'd be back on slrn like i used to use back in the dim and distant past.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I was about to recommend SLRN! About the only other one I've tried on linux recently is thunderbird, it's very Windows. I prefer SLRN..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Thunderbird seems to be the reader of choice.

Reply to
GbH

Thunderbird? Runs quite happily on our Suse installation.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

I use thunderbird on my windows laptop. I like it because the whole installation is in one place, and i can back it up, and move it between linux/windows when i like.

I think that there is a pen drive version somewhere? You can defo get firefox to run from a pen drive.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I'm already using thunderbird for my email, and I copied my profile across from windows quite happily (except the the mail filter rules which it keeps somewhere special and dont copy across.)

I didnt want to risk confusing it by trying to use it with news too, might be brave and try it.

I've decided that i dont like pan. lots of the buttons are just plain in the wrong place and it doesnt highlight whole threads when there are new posts in them.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around 17 Oct 2007 19:53:45 GMT, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

Still here... been wasting much too much time playing age of empires III...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 17 Oct 2007 21:06:42 GMT, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

My only objection to t-bird was that all the keyboard shortcuts are different to the ones in Agent.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

pan says it is supposed to be loosely based on agent, but as far as i can tell that just means that it reads news too!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Command and Conqure generals here.

Lee D