Broke my Disco a bit today ...

Had to happen ...

Dropping down into a wide ditch with a 2' vertical step after a 45 degree bank, then a similar climb up and out, and the RH rear bumper end-cap got ripped off .. I guess Paddocks do 'em for about £20 or so .. and it _was_ already scratched ..

Heheheh, dead chuffed that that's all that got broke .. A friend with us in a SWB Defender couldn't make the step, up or down and we did it both ways .. I think it was a 'bottle' thing 'cos I did it when I got in his ... He wouldn't get in mine ...

OK, the tow bars ploughed a bit too, but it _is_ in a quarry .. ;)

And the wheel arches next to the mudflaps got a bit scuffed and bent due to larger tyres (31 x 105R15 BFG AT's) but wtf. I need to reprofile or cut 'em down a bit I think.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Lost a bumper end cap on our Rangie during off roading... There was a company knocking out High lift compatable bumpers which had smart metal end caps which also protect the rear lower 1/4 pannel too.. Maybe they do something similar for the Disco.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D posted ...

Yeah, now we're getting a lot more confident in the Disco's capabilities we're starting to push it a bit .. so we're looking at bits to add, or remove, to make it a little more robust for RTV trialling etc later this year.

Waiting a while vefore anything radical though, we don't know what's gonna break first, so with limited funds want stuff that is of 'real' use .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

and the RH rear bumper

Been there, done it several times. The bolt that goes through from the inside of the bumper pulls out , stripping the thread. I drilled through the plastic and put a nut and bold on with a couple of washers, and I haven't bought one for a couple of years now - or maybe I'm not trying as hard ;-)

Reply to
John Knights

John Knights posted ...

Good idea, thanks .. but the trouble is the other plastic sprues that have self-tappers also broke off at their bases, rather than pulling the screws out, so can't easily be repaired. I tried with nuts and bolts, but it distorts the outer plastic and looks uneven. No worries though, really, just waiting for the parcel from Paddocks .. ;)

SWMBO now says we need another .. just to play with ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx