Carburator and camshaft kits for 3.5 V8 LR engines?

People Hi,

Requesting assistance for competition oriented fellow member of the Land Rover Club of Greece.

He just bought a 3.5 V8 engined Land Rover 90 and he is very much interested into changing the carburators and maybe the camshaft, if needed, for more torque and power.

Any opinions, experience, source etc? If anyone has something secondhand that he wants to sell please also feel free to reply.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance and input

Take care Pantelis Giamarellos LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Piper 285 cam & Venier duplexing kit Weber 4 barrel Carb

RPI -

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I might have a Webber 4-Barrel kit for Rover V8 for sale soon, will need pancake air filter assy (am keeping the one on it) but those are very cheap, it has Eidelbrok Inlet manifold, carb and linkage, it is same as the non auto choke model on the RPI site and is 1 year old. Whether I sell it or not depends on the tuning figures for the Holley vs the Webber, the tuning expert said Holley were his personal choice and he is confident he can meet the 300BHP mark we are aiming at on the new engine. The carb is currently in a Lotus Seven kit (Dax Rush) but one or other 4 barrel carb will be surplus by mid spring if you are interested. Cam wise the tuned engine is going to have a Kent Fast Road cam from Rimmer Bros, at about the £220 mark.

Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

I've oft been tempted to put one on Grumble but simply can't be hassled to go redesign the engine cover. Daft really as the engine cover is the thing I hate most about the 101 so I should leap at any opportunity to redesign it...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Fergus and Martin thanks for the quick replies.

I have sent an e-mail to Lisa at Rpi and will wait to hear from them also.

As for Fergus' existing kit lets wait and see what will Rpi say. Since you still do not know whether it will be up for sale let me know when you decide and it will also depend on what Rpi will be asking (an arm and a leg, two legs, my friends house, wife and children?)

Take care and please keep your opinions and proposals flowing.

Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

RPI aren't bad, but Chris will almost certainly try to sell your friend an LPG kit too... I don't like this strategy so never talk to Chris these days. Holly knows far more about the products and does all of the real work anyway.

Hmm... A house in warmer climes?

Is she pretty?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

To quote the great man when we discussed it

"dead easy"

A very un-Warren-like statement I'll grant you, but I promise he said it.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

STOP TALKING SENSE HOBBS

I've done this time and time again with Warren. I know he'd like to do it too. It would make it far, far easier to remove it, more functional (flat) space to use when parked up, room for the Weber...

Bugrit, I need a drink...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

The 101 needs, more than anything, some kind of cubby box / crap holder and, as you so rightly say, the flat engine cover would work wonders. The dog would like it too - lovely and warm to sleep on after a long drive.

Get him to knock up two would you?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Do you have any good plans on how to redesign it, so that its easier to get it off past that bloody gearstick? If so, then please share! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

To clear the pancake filter, Warren was talking about putting a clearance piece into the gear lever. Although we didn't discuss it I can imagine it would be too hard to make the gear lever threaded with a screw-ring on the gearbox end, so you could just break it in half to remove the cover.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

It would have to be a fairly solid joint - I've seen gearsticks snap on series motors! My mate spent a day while we off roaded stuck in a foot of mud at the bottom of a slippery bank in some trees, trying to get some gears after he broke his stick off.

If you find a suitable joiny bit then tell me, and i'll have one too! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods