Series 3 engine serial number???

People Hi,

A fellow member of the LR club of Greece has recently bought from a Greek State Auction a series 3, 88" station wagon.

He now wants to issue number plates for it but in order to have them he must point to the issuing authorities which type and size of engine the vehicle has.

The serial number of the engine fitted to this car is 36135483 and it is a four cylinder petrol one, but they want to know the engine's capacity (is it a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 one?)

I would be grateful if someone could provide some information related to this problem.

Take care and thanks in advance Pantelis Giamarellos LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

I'm 99% certain it's a 2286cc , 5 bearing , 8:1 compression

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Andy thanks.

Right after posting the request I remembered that LRE was running a series of articles for the LR produced or bought in engines. I checked it (took me a bit of time to find it) and it is exactly what you recall.

For those interested it was the December 2002 issue of LRE.

Thank you very much for your reply. Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos