CB Licenses are no longer needed from 8th :-)

Thought I'd share, picked up on MCUK.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Thanks for that info Lee I may even rig Kato out with a set. I was in there in the AM and sidebander days ( and yes USA and Japan on the skip if you were there you know it could be done) when we were all proper gentlemen and ladies, soon as it was legalised it went totally to pot with every potty mouthed 3 what kid in the world ruining the system. Is it any better now?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Judgeing by what I read on UK.REC.RADIO.CB, not a lot, but it depends where you are. I switch my hand held on occasionally and very rarely get anything - tends to be sharon and 'er mate saying lots of nuffink. So. little difference really! In reality I think it will be a niche market for off-roaders and a few others. Too complicated to set up for the modern generation, when they can buy/nick a mobile!

John

Reply to
John Moppett

Apparently quite quiet now, the invention of mobiles removed the dorks. Mostly used by off-roaders and truckers, I'll be getting a rig soon-ish, so no license requirement any more is useful, cheers for the heads-up Lee.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Last time I put mine on locally for an earwig just a few local work dodgers who are harmless enough.

Have to say they have really come in to there own when greenlaning with others who have them.... if only for real-time piss taking :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:33:41 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

I've got one in the shed, dunno if it still works. UK40 and mid block in the same box, which used to be illegal although both bands were legal. Madness.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I got one just for off roading

Reply to
Nige

Exactly why I had them. Unfortunately, since the Landie had to go, they don't get out much!

John

Reply to
John Moppett

Quite a lot of the idiots have migrated to ham radio, from what I hear that's pretty awful now..

John

Reply to
John Moppett

Yeah, ham radio is infested with spam.

Sorry.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Why are you sorry? Ham has always had it's idiots, I can remember them back in the '70's adn the world has not got more sensible since!

Reply to
John Moppett

For the rather weak gag linking ham with spam, as we all know, there is no link between meat of any kind and spam.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I think, therefore I ham. I'm pink, therefore I'm spam.

Double sorry.

Steve

Reply to
Steve