Chassis storage

I have an old chassis that I'm possibily going to restore later. It just needs a new rear cross member. Is it advisable to store it on its side - ie on the outriggers or is there a better way of storing it. Jon

Reply to
Jon

I'd give it a quick brush down and a coat of waxoyl, stop it rusting any further while you store it. (Obviously don't bother with the rear X-member)

Storing it on it's side shouldn't be a problem, the weight of the chassis isn't enough to cause it to bend. Other than a collapsing outrigger which is already rusty....

Alex

Reply to
Alex