Series 3 LWB chassis repairs

I need to do some repairs to the top of the chassis rail above the front of the rear spring hanger. (I have a MIG welder) I was considering removing the floor to gain access to the top of the rail. (I don't want to remove the rear body if at all possible) Is this easy to do? Has anyone done it before? Are their any web sites on this? Where can I get chassis rail repair parts? I will probably have to do other chassis repairs as well (I know i am going to have to change the rear cross member.) Any help would be most gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Ian McDonald

1982 Series 3 109
Reply to
Doorbell

If the rear crossmember is gone, and it is rusted above the spring hanger, you might as well just bite the bullet and fit a rear 1/4 chassis.

Easy enough job, just make sure you take plenty of measurements, to make sure you end up with the same length chassis you started with!

Reply to
SimonJ