'Collapsible Crosses"

On a number of 101 related sites I have sen mentions of Collapsible Crosses. What exactly are they?

Just being nosey!

Reply to
Chris Naylor

The sides and roofs of 101 ambis have red crosses that fold in half across the middle to conceal it when the vehicle isn't in emergency use.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

side cross is obvious in that pic. It hinges across the middle, so that you dont have to display it. theres one on the back aswell as the sides and roof.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Thanks for that - one less thing for me to wonder about!

Maybe now i can get back to my revision!!!!!

Reply to
Chris Naylor

Twas Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:41:22 -0000 when "Chris Naylor" put finger to keyboard producing:

I thought I'd throw in, I was told, while in the army, that if you displayed the crossed whilst on public roads you were expected to help should you find someone injured in a car accident or similar, which was no good if there was no-one trained in the vehicle at the time, so when on the roads the crosses were always covered, and it makes the vehicle easier to hide in the 'ulu' should you wish to.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Reply to
Mr.Nice.