Collision repair

I'm interested in buying a '97 Discovery that was involved in a front in collision. Air bags did not deploy and there is no frame damage. Drives and handles well. Hood, both sets of lights, radiator, bumper, grille, left front fender all need to be replaced. I'm assuming the radiator support will be replaced as well. Seller said he was quoted $1800 parts and labor to repair. Does this sound reasonable? The parts I've been able to locate alone total over $1800, not including labor or paint costs. Anyone have some online sources for collision repair parts? Should I be on the look out for anything else? TIA M. Miller

Reply to
user1

No, I don't know what the parts/labour costs are over there, but it seema awfully cheap to me. Ask to see a copy of the quote, or at least find out where the seller claims to hav had this quote from.

Nick

Reply to
Nicknelsonleeds

Sounds too cheap to me - I would suspect that labour alone could total 30 even 40 hours depending on how nicely the bolts part etc. You have to have it checked for alignment as well as it may not look damaged but if the chassis is bent in any way you are looking at steering problems.

Parts could easily total $2100.

$4000 sounds more reasonable a quote for this work.

The quote sounds suspicous to me, unless you can go to that garage and get them to put it in writing that they will do it for that cost - walk away. Even then make sure it is a legitimate garage.

Yours

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw