connections

or absence of.

anything interesting happened last week?

BTW, anyone know if I can link the 'pooter to the GPRS mobile phone to provide an emergency non-landline-based connection?

I can of course do wap on the mobile, and I can in fact divert my email to a yahoo box and read it via the wap phone, but only if I know in advance that I have to do that - once the landline has died, it's too late :-(

but on the face of it, it should be possible to link the pooter to the GPRS

- and if so, how?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Depends on the handset, but in general principles, yea - it's quite easy to do.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

You'll need a connection method, cable, bluetooth or wan and then run the modem software on the phone. Or in other words, RTFM. :-)

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

It's easy if you have ir ports on both. I run my laptop with an orange mobile, it works out quite expensive at a quid a megabyte. I've no infra red devices on the desktop pc though.

You first need to configure the modem link in the phone menu to ir com, then activate it and see if the pc picks it up. If it does then you create a dun using the guff your phone provider gives you for its gprs service, orange will provide this over the phone as you set it up. I see my phone supports usb also but I have not tried this.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

well I'm -1 land rover and Nige is +1 land rover...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

On or around Sat, 14 May 2005 15:53:08 +0100, MVP enlightened us thusly:

coo. well done. It looked on the cards, innit.

I've been thinking again about the transit/rover hybrid. All I need to do is price it up and persuade the council to give me a contract that'll pay for it (and the inevitable bank loan to build it) over say the next 3 years...

hmmmm. might be a bit "flying pig". However, the run I do for the council has potentially 2 new anklebiters on it; this puts me into PSV territory as I'd need minimum 9 passenger seats. The alternative (for the council) is to employ another 4-seater car - but that's likely to cost 'em a lot anyway. Might make a serious effort to price it all up and suggest it to 'em...

That's if I can't persuade someone else to buy one first; from which I can make money to make one for me as well :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I liked the look of that 6x6 disco idea of yours, if I suddenly become stinking rich I could be very tempted, best get a lottery ticket then.

In the meantime I'm waiting (been waiting since bloody november) for my soliciter to get this money sorted so I can get myself a land rover again, as mentioned below..

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP