(continued) Height of Pickup

Many thanks to simon for posting the reply. Now I've got a problem! Has anyone got any ideas?

I'd like a military-looking vehicle, ideally pickup, but maybe not, but with two provisos. No more than 1.85m 6ft tall and no older than Aug 1984 (as I have a B plate on retention for it).

Has anyone got any ideas on what I might look for?

(Remove the nospam stuff to reply direct)

Reply to
SE London

Twas Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:30:48 -0000 when "SE London" put finger to keyboard producing:

well my 110 stands 2 metres off the floor to the roof, so the roof of a pickup will be about the same and higher than you want. And I've still got sad saggy springs on.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Give us an idea of what you want to use it for and we will no doubt suggest something suitable.

Reply to
Exit

Saw something odd on the M4 earlier - a motorway maintenance vehicle with the front end of a Land Cruiser Amazon, but with a pickup bed. Looked decidedly odd. I take it this is a conversion and not some American thing? It worked quite well except the tailgate and the load bed side caps, which were a bit third party.

David French

I'd like to find something I can use as a runabout, something which I can put in the garage overnight (so I don't have to unload it). Something which will carry bits and pieces (like a wardrobe etc). Something which will carry a ladder if needed.

The only thing I can find is a Suzuki Carry pickup, but this has very low drop-sides and in any case it doesn't look in any way military. Similar the Vauxhall Bravo.

I was hoping that a landrover would work, but unless I can fit something like a citroen suspension ....

Reply to
SE London

On or around Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:07:51 -0000, "SE London" enlightened us thusly:

if you don't need the 4x4 aspect, there're any numbers of ordinary pickups about. and a SWB land rover really isn't much good as a load-carrier. LWB pickup is OK.

it depends whether what you want is a Land Rover or a pickup...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In news: snipped-for-privacy@nnrp-t71-01.news.uk.clara.net, SE London sprayed:

Might be easier to raise the garage!

Reply to
GbH

On or around Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:17:17 -0000, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

mind, I've always thought the citroen -style hydropneumatic suspension would be well suited to a 4x4.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Anything looks military if you give it a coat of Matt Nato Green.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I suppose so, but i thought I'd try to do better than just painting a regular road-vehicle. Mind you, years ago I had a 1975 mini in green and I could never match the paint. Turned out that car had been in the military when new.

Raising the garage roof is not an option as it is in the middle of a row of

13 garages and would be horrible.

Pity there's no pump-up suspension which could be fitted to a Defender, which I could let down to get the vehicle in the garage, I don't think I could stand letting the tyres down each time I want to move it.

I'll just keep thinking!

Reply to
SE London

I don't suppose this would be what you're after?

Martin

--

1988 90 Td5 NAS Replica
Martin Lewis