Cost of 200TDi engine

Can anybody that has bought a complete 200TDi engine tell me what you paid for it to give me an idea of what to pay when I find one?? Complete engine including intercooler etc.

Reply to
Paul Luggar

Paul Luggar uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Disco ones go cheaper than Defender ones, there are kits in the mags for the gubbins to convert a disco one to fit a defender though.

May be cheaper to buy a Disco, rob the engine and any other ebayable bits then scrap the rest, least you can drive it then and be sure its's sound.

Lee D

Reply to
Dr_D

I thought the 200TDi was a bolt in replacement in a 90/Defender?

Reply to
Paul Luggar

A friend of mine set fire to his disco while welding something on it, bought it off the insurance company, sold the parts on ebay for more than the vehicle was worth *before* it was torched, then with the profits and the insurance money, upgraded to a Defender 90.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Slightly different exhaust and turbo setup.see

a workmate paid £500 for a 200tdi Derek

Reply to
Derek

Don't go giving me ideas Ian Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sat, 27 Jan 2007 23:35:41 -0000, "Paul Luggar" enlightened us thusly:

Only from another defender though.

and BTW, if you wouldn't mind posting at the bottom...?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In article , Derek writes

Lots of minor but annoying and time-consuming differences between the Disco and Defender setups.

Also need to consider that it's wise to do timing belt and clutch while she's in bits, and I probably should have got them to drop the box out and do the transfer box input shaft (TDs and earlier aren't cross-drilled).

I was offered a known-good conversion kit (120k-mile engine, injector pump, rad, intercooler and all other necessary bits) with 3 mo. wty. delivered for £1200. In the end my landy garage found one (they're doing it as I haven't the facilities). I don't know what the bill will be yet.

But on Wednesday, I collect a 200 TDi Marge...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig