Centre diff repair on 110

Having just discovered the brains trust here I thought I would get another question off my chest.

Anyone know if you can replace/repair the centre diff in a 110 with the transfer box still in the vehicle ?

Mine doesn't seem to have any limited slip. I can spin the front wheels pulling away in the wet, and if I jack up a front wheel I can turn it without apparent resistance. I don't know what has happened, but it seems pretty naff if it is supposed to be limited slip - it locks OK. If it means heaving the gearbox out, then I'll learn to live with it.

Ta, Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

It's not!

Reply to
Dougal

It's not a limited slip, it's completely open when unlocked, and completely locked when locked. So yes your diff can be repaired in-place, we've just done it for you ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I like that!

Reply to
Dougal

Thats great - I wonder where I got the idea from that the centre diff was limited slip ? Cross that one off the list of jobs

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

On or around 29 Jan 2007 01:39:29 -0800, "Cheshire Steve" enlightened us thusly:

some of them are. I believe some of the LT95 Rangies were, and later ones with the Borg-Warner transfer box.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The very very earliest LT95 (gearbox suffix A) Rangies had them. They were replaced at least 15 years before the B-W 'box came along, too.

I don't believe that they were that successful and they are now serviced by the superseding version. No parts for the early version are said to be available.

Reply to
Dougal