CRR Cruise control

Can the unit that sits behind the steering wheel, that connects the cruise control switches to the CC unit, be taken apart and cleaned up?

My CC has packed up recently and the fault has been traced back to this unit and before I go and lash out on a replacement, I would like to know if it's possible to clean up the contacts on the original.

Regards Martyn Cottrell

Reply to
Martyn Cottrell

On my 93 RR, the bit that is behind the steering wheel was only £55 - much easier to get a new one

Si

Reply to
Simon K

Hi Yes you can take it apart, it consists of two very small pcb mounted swtiches. Mine packed up too but it was one of the buttons that had broken inside, there is a small part that operates the switch, I repaired it with aroldite and it's been OK since. If an air bag is fitted take extra care as it has to be removed to acces the switch, a torx driver is requird for this.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Thanx Peter. I'll get my friend to remove it and I'll strip it down and try and fix it.

Regards Martyn Cottrell

Reply to
Martyn Cottrell