Cruise control details for 93 RR LSE

Hi drove the 2 hours to Sydney today using the cruise, but on the return, it didn't activate - light on the dash switch but no action from the steering wheel buttons.

Can anyone enlighten me on the possible cause / remedies?

many thanks

Reply to
hiker

Switch on the brake pedal playing up? or your foot resting on the brake pedal.

Reply to
EMB

Likewise clutch if it's not an auto. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
hiker

...and hiker spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Check pipes between vacuum pump, actuator etc - a slight leak can cause exactly these symptoms. Cured the problem on my P38 and the Disco. If the leak is at the end of a pipe, there is often enough spare to let you trim an inch or so off and reseal. If not, the pipes are cheap enough.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I have TD5 manual and the cruise is very good on motorways, holds the speed with much less than 1mph error with no noticable hunting. On ordinary roads and thus steeper hills it can get caught out and slow down a few mph on the ups and overshoot a few mph on the downs.

I've heard that cruise on petrol engines isn't quite so refined and will hunt a few mph either side of the set speed even on the straight and flat.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

thanks for responding to my 'spakes' - good to know that the tribes of usenet are thriving!

This actuator / pipes combo - can you pls advise a) is the actuator in cabin or engine bay? b) how do I spot it? c) where do the 'pipes' run from and to?

cheers

Reply to
hiker