D2 engine very noisy

The Disco has started to make a hell of a noise under acceleration, it's roaring like when the engine is turning a cold viscous fan but it's warmed up. I have been to Langley Farm today and went through a very deep gloopy 'mud hole' 3 times so I'm wondering if

a. I've sucked mud into the air filter (No snorkel yet :( ) and it's struggling

b. I've got a seized fan

Any ideas?

Reply to
Andy

.. whatever that sounds like. (more or less silent I'd imagine)

c. you've clogged the radiators with mud and the cooling fans are trying to suck air through the wattle-and-daub walls created in front of them.

If it's c then best get a bare hosepipe at mains pressure, and run the end of it against the radiator so there's a good volume of water at low velocity being pushed through the rad, it'll squirt back at you a lot but it'll clean the mud out without bending the metalwork like a pressure washer will.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Just opened the air box and the filter is caked solid in mud and oil!!! So bad that it's going in the bin, looks like a lesson learned, no snorkel, no deep wading, seems as though I was very lucky not to lock the engine.

Reply to
Andy