Slightly OT: Air Con compressor.

Been looking at fitting a propriotry compressor to pump tyres etc to a V8

110 but been horrified by the price of these units. Is there any reason why I could not use an air con compressor say off a range rover to do this?

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

There's lots about this out there - search for "on board air". One of the advantages of going down this route is that get volume - something rather lacking in the cheap and nasty electric solutions. Try these for a start:

The Sanden does have the disadvantage that it does not have a separate sump for lubricant. This is not a major issue and can be overcome by periodic manual lubrication or an oiler on the air inlet. It is however more compact. Tends to be the preference for cars these days.
This is old research - apologies if any of the links are now dead.

Reply to
Dougal

Wow what a response, will take me a while to read this.

Thanks

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

You see the odd ex-101 ambi compressor on ebay (101 ambis came with a belt driven compressor, air tank and respirator packs/masks in the back)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Last tank on a couple of days ago sold for 99p too...

Pumps are a PITA though as they block access to the dizzy bolt for timing.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Gerald, We sell two options for onboard air compressors. We have an 8cfm MODIFIED air con pump that runs on grease rather than oil - the benefit of this is that you get clean air rather than oil infused air like when running un-modified units. The other option we have is a

10cfm dedicated air compressor that has a twin cylinder, seperate oil sump arrangement.

The modified air con pump comes with Multi-V electric clutch and the

10cfm is available with either Multi-V or standard double 2A V-Blet clutch.

If you would like further info, drop me an email - address here:

remove the .nospam from the repy address.

Regards, Jon VentureOverland

Jon VentureOverland

VentureOverland