Dash Warning Lights

Hi,

Just got my first Landy, an 89 110 Safari... just had the prop shaft replaced on it and have noticed that a warning light on the dash (yellow with what looks like a pic of the drivetrain) is permanently lit... Is this an axle oil warning light? Not driving til I know!

Thanks in advance

Dak

Reply to
Dak

Sounds like a "Center Diff Warning light"

Knock it out of Diff lock, and drive in a straight line if that does not do it try in reverse for a short while and should go out !

Steve.

Reply to
RADIOTWO

Spot on,

I'm suck a simpleton... seems like it perks up when It's just slightly out of alignment, knew it wasn't in fwd so assumed it was something else.

Cheers

Dak

Reply to
Dak

By fwd do you four wheel drive?

Its permanently four wheel drive. The lever moves forward and backward for high and low and moves to the left to lock the centre diff, which you only want to do on loose surfaces, mud, that sort of thing.

Reply to
Simon Barr