Defender ... use no. 99

Taking all the wrappers, plastic casings etc to the recycle/ tip

Reply to
Hirsty's

Unless you live in Maidstone where anything above 'normal' car height wont fit under the height barrier! Richard

Reply to
Richard

Our place has a swing barrier.

Reply to
Hirsty's

So has ours but its kept locked and mr jobsworth wont let anyone if they dont fit under. They say its to stop 'commercial' waste but you are allowed to park your transit outside and wheelbarrow in any amount of commercial waste

Reply to
Richard

Contact the council and ask for the definative policy on household rubbish disposal. If that does'nt work get hold of the local paper, should be a dearth of good news after christmas and your story could be used.

Reply to
Hirsty's

.....and strange how the incidence of Fly Tipping increased around Maidstone when the Barrier was introduced. I don't suppose it has anything to do with the County Council picking up the tab for "Tovil Tip", and the borough having to foot the bill to clear up the mess in the woods.

With best regards, Not so Clever Trevor.

Reply to
Not so Clever Trevor

so where are you 'Not so Clever Trevor' as you seem to know about it? I believe it was covered by the local paper and we have been in touch the council about but all they can say is to go to the commercial tip which is near Canterbury. we told its domestic rubbish but they said as is a tall vehicke its will be classed as commercial waste - what about all the people with 'people carriers'? Richard

Reply to
Richard

I was told that you could write to the council and get a letter back from them that you could use to proove your entitlement to use the tip. On production of said letter the staff at the tip should have to come out and open the gate up for you.

Not tried it yet myslef, but i may do over the next couple of months so that i can use the 101 to take some stuff there.

Thinking about it, taking your caouncil tax bill with you (and maybe your v5 to show its not a commercial vehicle) should proove that you are entitled to use it should it not?

A series landy will just fit in our local tips. Just grinds the barrier (depending on what you have in the back), or at one of them you can go kerb hopping and get diagonally inbetween the in and out barriers (which are seperate)

I have an air powered anglew grinder in the garage. I have considered fixing it to the front of the 101 and making a barrier remover tool that runs off the compressor :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I must be lucky here if I take my cb aerial off it fits under the barrier, but they have opened the height barrier for me before now. LR 90

Reply to
Mr Jolly

Hello, Richard,

The difficulty is that the "Tips" are County owned and although Borough Councillors are sympathetic to our plight they have no clout. Best thing is to lobby your County Councillor

but I wouldn't hold my breath and expect sympathy. My solution is to take my 5' x 12' trailer fully loaded and dragged by something that gets below the barrier - With that amount of "stuff" I feel I'm having the last laugh

Seasons Greetings Trevor.

Reply to
Not so Clever Trevor