Defenders stolen by headlight removal!

Just read this on Honest John's Telegraph column...interesting!.....I was ammused by the idea of the abandoned parts littering the escape route!

Thank you for your reply to my request for advice following the theft of my Land Rover Defender 110. Sadly, just three weeks after purchasing a replacement Y-reg Defender 110, it, too, was stolen. One headlight was left on the verge, as apparently the alarm and immobiliser can be accessed by this route. The steering wheel was found a mile down the road, complete with still-attached StopLock Pro. You recommended a Disklok, but would it have made any difference? Friends and acquaintances repeatedly tell me how attractive 110s are to thieves, as if it's my fault for buying the vehicle I want. The police, understandably, have other priorities. I'm just left feeling angry and helpless.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock