Diesel price - Again

Quite. If you think things have been pretty nasty so far you havn't seen anything yet. *Anyone* who stands between the US and it's oil supply will be splatted out of existance without a second thought, that includes us. Russia or China might be able to put up a bit of fight but no one else stands a chance.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The Canooks will be getting a bit nervous then

click on prairies Derek

Reply to
Derek

But with China in the picture too it's a different story. In fact I think the US forces are so depleasted they would struddle in Iran especially with the state of their economy. And I can't see all the allies falling for the weapons of mass destraction trick again. As for our lot well Brown will be out of No 10 by then anyway and we'll have to see who we get next.

Reply to
Lee_D

I don't think the canooks or us would stand between the US and it's oil supply. The canoks will be selling the stuff and we are more likely to be fighting in the middle east with the US to try and get a few drops from table.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

|Before I got my current Disco TDi I used to have a Disco V8i and had to |drive a round trip of about 50 miles a day to get to work. | |The V8 still cost much less than the equivalent rail journey, plus I didn't |have a mile walk at the work end. | |Plus, and I'm not joking, one month I did get a season ticket to see what |it was like, the trains were late/cancelled at least two days a week, which |kind of defeated the object, especially if I had to then walk home and |drive afterall, having paid for a month ticket.

We live in sunny Devon. Me an tuther arf met up with a mate and his wife last friday evening and decided to take the bus from Brixham to Paignton (4 miles) to save getting the car out. Bus driver saved us loads of money by selling us a 'dayrider' ticket each as it was cheaper than the standard adult return. So instead of paying £9.20 for both of us, I only paid £8.00. Result!

I try not to think that it would have cost less if I had taken the V8 Disco and wifey had followed in convoy in my crew-cab tipper truck AND we could even throw-in two continuous mobile-to-mobile phone calls in both directions during the trip so that we could also chat! Still, I'm sure that the financial incentive for us all to save the planet is going to kick-in any minute now.

;-)

H.

-- Pontins History E-Mail: snipped-for-privacy@pontinshistory.co.uk Please visit

Skype ID (instant messaging and video calls): howie10

Reply to
Howie