digital tacho

Anyone know where I can get a digital tacho (rev counter) preferably lcd? Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

Maplins do .. don't know anything about them though.

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Someone will be along with designs for a digital dashboard running Windoze XP shortly.......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

frightening thought for an OS from a company that invented terms like fatal error, crash, total system failure and blue screen of death Derek

Reply to
Derek

Did they? Apart from BSD I think you'll find that they long predate Windows.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Tim Hobbs blithered:

Maybe, but M$ raised them to an unheard of level!

Reply to
GbH

so GbH was, like...

Blind man goes skydiving for the first time. He's worried about when to pull the cord, and asks the instructor "how will I know when I'm near the ground?"

"The lead will go slack."

Reply to
Richard Brookman

hmmm

Reply to
Richard

Any budget Richard ? Do you need fancy features ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

yes - Tim they do but not MSDOS the micro$oft operating system I 'only' started my usage at v3.3 by which time such these friendly terms were in situ rather then more impenetrable system halted error 24.4 as happy days mind you they may appear in cobol Derek Hmmm you wouldnt like a factory sealed set of install disks for windows 3.1 and dos V5.0 cheap would you very collectable - they've been collecting dust for years

Reply to
Derek

As cheap as possible! Dont need any fancy features, just four digits. Richard

Reply to
Richard

Make one for about 3 quid. Maplin. Sensor has to be no more complex that wrapping a wire around a lead from the dizzy, use something to measure the unductance, write a 20p EPROM with a short code to multiply the inductance meaure by 8 (if you have a V8), output result to 50p LCD...

Alternatively, go check Merlin Motorsport, or possibly Vehicle Wiring Products.

Reply to
Mother

15 quid including VAT dunno about p+p.

I had been thinking of making one myself, but for this price I really can't be arsed.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor