Disco 2 rpm /mph

Just had my transfer box ratios changed in my Defender with some higher ratio gears from Ashcroft transmissions which:

"raise your transfer case gearing by 15%, by replacing the gearing in the exising 1.410 ratio transfer box with new geniune Q (quiet) gears, as used in the Disco II."

Can anybody tell me how many rpm I should be doing in 5th at 70mph? (No rev counter yet...)

Thanks

Reply to
'T'

Not 100% sure in which vechicle you are refering but a Disco II with, AFAIK standard gearing and tyre diameter, (tyres are 255/55R18) does

2250rpm (give or take a tad) for 60mph or about 2600 for 70 but I rarely go that fast as it seems to be straining a bit. Much happier hitting the at about 62mph or 2300ish rpm in 5th.

All as indicated by the instrumentation of unknown accuracy...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The 'Q' ratio gearset that you have just installed has a 1.211 hi gear ratio (compared to the 1.410 original). This means that your engine revs are going to be 1.410/1.211 = 18% higher than previously for same road speed.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Kevin Pearce

or 18% lower, but thanks