disco

can anyone help my disco will suddenly stop and might not start for about 3 to 5 mins try messing around with fuses but i don't no watt to do any help please ps its a 300 tdi

Reply to
barry

Assuming you mean the engine cuts out but everything else is fine then check the wires to the fuel cut-off solenoid on the injector pump for a dodgy connection. If you are sure that's ok, or the electrics are messing about as well, have a look at the switch on the back of the steering column lock - these can fall to bits internally and produce all sorts of interesting effects.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Fri, 19 May 2006 22:32:57 +0100, "barry" enlightened us thusly:

has it got an immobiliser? if so, I bet that's the problem.

more detail would be good though.

for example: will the engine crank but not fire?

Reply to
Austin Shackles