Disco Cargo Door Questions (Disco Commercial)

I am about to rip out the awful "upgrade" twelve-speaker system in my US-market '03 Discovery. As a consequence I will no longer require
those awful "subwoofers" in the cargo door. I'd like to replace the speakerbox in said cargo door with something more useful, perhaps a cargo tray or just plain empty air.
I also notice that the Disco Commercial has a turned-aluminum rear cargo door:
http://www.lrm.co.uk/archive/Discovery/DiscoCommercial.html
Does anyone have any ideas about a replacement for the speakerbox? Know where I can get the aluminum (sorry, aluminium) rear panel? Own an entry-level Disco and have an interest in picking up this "harmon/kardon" system cheapish?
Jack Baruth wrote:

That rear panel just looks like a custom piece of checkerplate replacing the liner on the door. Get a piece of checkerplate and get your local metalworker to cut one for you from the rear liner pattern.
No idea about the speakerbox tho.
P.
On 18/11/03 10:21 pm, Paul S. Brown, snipped-for-privacy@geekstuff.co.uk, in article bpe5ri$1n2ddj$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-169718.news.uni-berlin.de, wrote:

Bearing in mind your warranty will be wrecked if you go ahead with this plan!
--
Regards;
Llandrovers! Website & contact via http://www.apl.me.uk

I hope that isn't the case... I had a variety of no-problems warranty repairs on my Freelander despite a ground-up rewiring of the stereo system (Alpine 7895 head, JL 500/1 sub amp, JL 300/4 amp, JL 10W6 sub, and JL Evolution XR components if anyone possibly cares ;) ) and a variety of clearly off-road-included scraping and denting on the underside.
Funny story about that Freelander (a 2002 model V6). I went on an off- road day and did a stream crossing, in the course of which I got stuck on a rock and had to spend about fifteen minutes wiggling around while in doorhandle-height water. To calm myself down I decided to play a little Pat Metheny Group on the iPod which was wired into my head unit.
So, six months later the stereo is being removed and the installer says, "There's water in the doors and the speaker wire is charred black."
I say, "I did a couple of water crossings."
"WITH THE STEREO ON?" he asked, clearly thinking that I was a new and as yet undefined breed of idiot.
"Well, why not?" I replied, and we both laughed like the proverbial hyenas for five minutes of so, after which he made a note to mount the crossovers higher up in the doors next time...

I have the Harman/Kardon system in my Rangie, as an upgrade, and I agree with you that it sounds totally crap. The factory fit stereo in my Volvo (4 speakers) sounds infinitely better. The trouble is, with audio, it's always the emperor's new clothes. Put something expensive in and most people rave about how good it is, even if it sounds bloody dreadful. Let's face it, Bang & Olufsen and Bose have made a whole industry out of it.
David.