disco engine in 101 ambi

You said it to me about 42 times!

Nice to meet you by the way - (I was the beardy with the fierce wife!).

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

On or around Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:29:33 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

"real men do it in a 101"?

I'd love to, but at the moment, I've got to survive the next 3 months or so without going down the tubes. and even then, there's not gonna be the sort of pennies I'd need for 101-games, much though I like the idea of a 101 minibus.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm getting predictable!

Yep, another quite fine woman she was too. I must remember to take you two shopping with me next time I go hunting for bits, by the way!

Thinking about it, I met more a.f.l'ers during this show than almost any other. Tis always nice to put a face to a 'name' - even a couple of 'lurkers' came to say hello, which was very nice actually (stop lurking) as they were nice to talk to, very human, albeit totally failling to offer me a beer...

Show Season this year has been 'mixed' for us, what with Grumble not liking my indecision and prompting me to go auto. The best for us were the Marque Day/LRM Show, Driffield (TOP SHOW) and Peterborough. Billing was totally soul-less, Stoneleigh I had bad hayfever and was shagged out before going, and Eastnor (apart from meeting some new faces and old) was a c*ck-up (as usual) in layout and not too good weather. The ARC National was alright actually, come to think about it, bad weather, but that goes hand-in-hand with 'The National'!

Odd as it seems, and frustrated as I get answering the same 'How many miles does it do to the gallon?' and 'why it it purple?' and 'where did you get the wheels?' questions, the best part of any show (for me) is actually meeting new people and meeting up with old 'already known' people. The Landies are fine and interesting, but it's the people you meet that make a good show.

Reply to
Mother

Which is nice... in an ever changing world...

I reckon we did OK in the end. Brand new Bearmach dog guard for the RRC 20 quid, full set of front seats and frames for the SIII 8 quid, Pair of RRC electric/heated mirrors for 10 quid and a set of ABS relays (3 off) for 2 quid.

Burger and a bottle of water for a fiver wasn't so much of a bargain though :-(

I stopped going to Billing in 98 - 97 was OK but I thought 98 was dull and haven't been back. Shame really as it's only 15 miles from here.

I thought Peterborough was good - nice mix of bits and bobs and the weather was about right.

Definitely.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

So do real women.....

So I have been told.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Jon (yellow elephant 101) has got a 3 pot resevoir from a merc 4x4 truck in his 101 and it works well - waiting for reply from parts dealer on price of these to see if its a good idea

Rich

Reply to
Rich Clafton

but will they have black and orange stripes ?

Reply to
Steve Taylor

You still got that series III?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Rich ... please keep me posted on this.... It's looking V.desperate at the mo and with the Rangie off the road the 101 may be being used more than normal.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

My dog wouldn't been seen in anything else.

Well, apart from one of our Discos, actually _any_ Disco (Max _really_ likes Discos!)

Reply to
Mother

Oh yes - I'm thinking of selling it, but may have to keep it as therapy for my left leg... ;-)

Reply to
Mother

I've been looking at other options too. Essentially there's a lot of choice. Many are better sized to fit en-situ and have more than adequate capacity. If you're desperate for the originals I have a few kicking around somewhere, though.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:30:06 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

You could always put the answers to the really obvious stuff on a notice and hang it on the front somewhere.

'ere, speaking of how many miles to the gallon...

you got any befopre-and-after figures for the auto conversion yet?

I've never actually done a direct comparison on the same vehicle, and would be interested to know if you've gained, lost or neither on the MPG front.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 13 Sep 2004 21:35:07 GMT, "Simon Atkinson" enlightened us thusly:

I really get pissed off with this. OK, I know they all make a cut from the bloke in the burger van to the wholesaler, including the organisers, but nonetheless it goes against the grain to pay extortionate money for an indifferent small burger which I know I could get for about 59p in the supermarket, in a box of 10 or something.

There's a bloke has a burger van in the supermarket car park in Lampeter, he sells nice proper-sized 1/4-lb burgers, and for less than you pay at most "events", and he has to pay site rent too. Either the blokes in the vans are taking the piss or the organisers are, or more likely both. The organisers could well do with looking at how much they charge caterers, you only have to look at the queues for extortionate burgers at big events to realise that it's a relevant part of the attraction. Ditto the van-men, if they charged less they'd probably sell and make more.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It's there - on two big signs in the windows - an colour pics an all...

Do the beggars read them...?

Shell Island (Norf Wales) - av 13.7mpg - lots of little roads Stoneleigh and back - av 14.5mpg - mixed roads Peterborough and back - av 15.8mpg - mainly A1

I'm kin amazed!

Gained by around 1.5mpg

The real gain came when I put the 4.6 in. Not working it too hard y'see.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:05:36 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

boodly hell, so am I. I only get about 13 from the disco.

what gas system are you running? mine's a fairly basic open loop, could be it'd benefit from going closed loop.

mind, probably would. She does about 17-18 or a bit more on a run, on petrol.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Last longish steady run I did in the Rangie (Leeds to Glasgow) it bettered 22 mpg on Stromberg carbs.

Nick

Reply to
Nicknelsonleeds

Our 3.9 ES Disco pulling 1300kg's of caravan was averaging 18 to 20 mpg in france on the Autoroutes. This is with a Bigas LPG system fitted so I'm sure any one who works out the maths can recock it's easily equivelent toaround

40 mpg's on petrol prices and all the burble to.

Oh and it's also auto.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Just to recap some old ground as I was on Holiday and google won't find it ....

The ratios you used in grumbles transfer box.. are these the 1.192 as per the spreadsheet? and if so are they standard in the ZF box or did yer have ter gerrum somewhere special? Cos's I'm running out of things to do and have to much money... I wish.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yep, but you need a skinny girlfriend to be comfy on the ambulance stretchers...

Daniel

Daniel A